If you live in or near Greenbelt and you are looking for a church home, we would love to have you join us one Sunday at 10:30 AM. All are welcome! Here’s what you can expect when you visit:
- We want to welcome visitors, but not draw attention to them. When you visit with us for the first time, you will not be asked to stand or give your name. We do have a guest information card that you can fill out, if you want more information about the church. We will also be glad to give you a welcome packet, which you will receive at the end of the service. If you care to hang around after the service, we would love to meet you.
- We sing a mix of good songs written recently and from years ago. We pick songs that give praise to God and give voice to our experience in the Christian life. A prominent image for believers in the Bible is that of a pilgrim. We are all on a journey. Sometimes we are ecstatic, other times we travel through valleys. We seek to find songs that give expression to both experiences.
- The typical sermon explores one portion of Scripture. The goal of each sermon is to give practical help and encouragement to Christians by connecting biblical truth to life and to introduce those who don’t know much about the Bible to its basic meaning and message. In other words, you don’t need to be a Bible scholar to understand the sermon. But, if you’ve walked with Christ for many years, we think you will still benefit from it. We usually work through books of the Bible week-by-week. Sermons are about 25-40 minutes long.
- After the service, there will be time to enjoy light refreshments and talk to church members in the lobby. In addition, we have quarterly family meals downstairs that all are welcome to attend.
- Come as you are! You are free to wear a suit or come in shorts and a t-shirt—whatever makes you feel comfortable.
- Our services start at 10:30 AM and are typically over by 12:00 PM.
- We offer a nursery on our upper level for children 0 – 3. We also have children’s church most Sundays which will be announced right before the sermon. In addition, we highly encourage children to stay with parents. We are okay with the noise and chatter associated with children staying with parents. We count it as a means of grace that children can learn from their parents how to worship. This often involves children staying with their parents during the service.
- Between 9:15 AM and 10:15 AM we dedicate time to understanding a specific facet of God's Church through the millenia.
- The church is supported through the regular giving of our members. If you are a guest or visitor, we have no expectation that you give. Please let the service be a gift to you.